Monday, March 07, 2011

Random Story 1st Chapter 1st page

Well this is a story that I started writing in hope to improve my English writing skill, so don’t expect detailed descriptions of places or characters I just make them as I go without any previous work on them which may end with them looking superfluous.
Anyway as I said, I’m doing this mostly to improve my writing skills (and hopefully other stuff) so if you spot something wrong or that you think would sound better when said in other words please leave a comment.
Thereby I leave here my thanks.

1st Chapter 1st Page

- Old place same job.
John as looking at the hospital St Mark across the street while he waited for the red light to turn green so he could cross over. There weren’t many people on the streets it wasn’t rush hour but it seemed strange that everything was so calm; it wasn’t like in the old days that’s for sure. He looked around trying to find places where he could hang and have meals before work, there was a good looking coffee about 100 meters away from him at his right, good place to invite a woman for a drink, but most likely the food wouldn’t be that great as it usually happens with that kind of places but exceptions exist, he would need to visit it first. There were a lot more of coffee and restaurants around there, well it was the main street so should be normal.
The light turned green and john crossed, he grabbed his cellphone and sent a message to his new boss, who happened to be an old friend of his. Since he was expecting to wait a little for his boss he sat at the stairs outside were he usually did when he was there before and he smiled when he realized that he’s signature that he craved on those stair so many years ago still persisted. He gave another look around, in the past 10 minutes the street got a lot busier, there was already the occasional buzz from car drivers and people walking around like there wasn’t tomorrow, someone touched his shoulder and he looked back.
You still love that place.
Old habits are hard to loose.
So how have you being doing old friend, I heard that you were quite the star at that last place.
Were a nice 10 years.
Is that all you have to say!? I heard a lot more than just a great 10 years. I even got a call badmouthing you, although she did apologize at the end.
John smiled, there were a lot of woman that were into him, he actually let some be more than friendship but never let it be much more than that.
- Anne I bet?
- And you would win, still the old heartbreaker. Seems you haven’t changed much since last time.
- Can say the same about you, you still wear those crappy ties.
-Crappy ties! They cost me a ton, they are made by some famous fashion designer, how dare you say they are crappy.
-Yea, yea I hear you, so are you going to show me around or are you just here to talk about the old times?
- Both, it’s a privilege I get from being your boss.
- I would be proud if it weren’t for that tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment