Thursday, June 09, 2011

Random Story 1st Chapter Page 16 to 20

John was surprised to see that everyone was waiting outside the meeting room, maybe he got out of the hook by some strange coincidence but it was strange since Marcus called him.
-Marcus his waiting for you inside. – A middle aged woman said to him, she was Marcus secretary and she had the look of someone who was all about work.
-I’m in that big of a trouble? – John asked half joking.
-I was only told to welcome you inside. – She said.
That deemed no good, and the stares from the other people around didn’t give him a better perspective, he hadn’t much time to think about it as Marcus secretary opened the door for him. Marcus wasn’t alone and unfortunately he knew the other man that was there.
-What gives the honor of having you here? –The jovial tone of John’s voice dropped.
-You are hard to find John.
-If it was easy I would have to hear your babbler every day and I don’t have the patience.
-Anyway you can’t run forever.
-Since when I’m running?
-Why don’t you join us?
-I don’t have the patience to explain it to fanatics, and besides you already know why, now leave before I kick your ass out.
-Very well I can’t go against you, but we will be back.
-We… As if one wasn’t already enough
-I apologize Marcus and we will try to not disturb you the best we can, now if you excuse me. Oh, I almost forgot to introduce me I’m….
-I know who you are, actually there’s none of you that I don’t know off, Simon.
-Seems that you are very well informed.
Simon left and closed the door behind him.
-I’m sorry John I couldn’t lie to them.
-Don’t worry about it I was expecting to meet them sooner than later. So are we still having the meeting? – John asked as his normal tone returned to his voice.
-It’s better if you do, they already have a bad idea about you, making them wait will only make it worse.
-I seem to bring that kind of impression wherever I go.
-That’s not true, and don’t joke about it.
-Yes, sir. – John answered with a military posture.
-You are impossible. –Marcus reached for his phone and pressed a button – Maria tell them to come in.
The group quickly came in, all of them were looking at John, they were all curious about the relationship between them and the mysterious man that hadn’t anything to do with the hospital.
-Is there any problem with the hospital? – A blond woman who should have around fifty years but was still in good shape.
-None that you don’t know already Marta.  As you all know I have convoked this reunion so I could introduce you the new director, as the previous you will direct all your problems to him and he will resolve them as he deems better, any questions?
-What did that man want? – A short old man with not much gray air still in is head asked.
-He was trying to recruit me, and I quickly refused him Mister Fred. I won’t ask you to give me your introduction as I have read your Curriculums, I look forward to work with you all and you know where to find me if you need to. Now if you don’t need anything else I will excuse myself.
John left the room, while there was no one that wasn’t surprised by his behavior, he didn’t care, they could think whatever they wanted of him, that would be still better than the reality, still he had to take some precautions, he didn’t want Simon and the likes of him to find their home so he would need to be careful when leaving home to not be followed, he also needed to warn Helen about it but that could wait until dinner since she was shopping with Joana, also they must be monitoring Marcus 24 hours a day, it was the only way he would be found so fast that could prove to be troublesome. He was pressed to make countermeasures sooner than he expected, he was hoping to find some of the followers  before being exposed, so he could control their steps but it was the other way around, at least he had the time to make sure Jane wasn’t one of them.
….
-You actually have good taste, I thought you were that kind of girl that didn’t care what they dressed. – said Helen.
-I will take that as a compliment. –Jane
-Oh, sorry that wasn’t my intent.
-I know, I always tend to neglect a little a bit of it after I get the job. Well I’m lazy but it also helps when the people wives whom I work for are a pain.
-You don’t need to worry about that with the new one, he is quite the catch actually, but I never have seen him in a relationship so to speak.
-Really!? He sounds like quite a playboy.
-And he is, but I had never met a woman who you could call his girlfriend. I sometimes wonder if it’s because of me, my mom somehow was able to impose me on him.
-Have your parents passed away? That is if you don’t mind me asking.
-My mom passed away when I was 2, I don’t know anything about my father, I have met my grandparents though but it was awkward, since they didn’t knew they had a granddaughter until John took me to meet them in the USA.
-So you are American?
-No I’m French, and I can’t even speak a word of it.
-You have quite a story.
-How about you?
-I don’t have nothing much going on, I was born and raised near here, I have a sister and a brother whom are both married and have children already, and I still go visit my parents quite frequently since they leave here.
-Are they nice?
-Yea I guess, although they keep nagging me about getting a boyfriend and getting married, they are quite old school about that. – Helen smiled.
-That seems nice; John only bothers me about sex and the precautions about it.
-Well is right though you are at that age.
-Oh really? When was your first time?
-Hum, I was 18 at the time.
-Who was the lucky guy?
-Someone whom I met at a party and was as drunk as I was, It was a beautiful romantic story. – they both laughed – And you don’t even want to know where.
-Where?
-I said you didn’t want to know…
-But now I’m curious.
-Sorry I will tell you when you are 18.
-Meanie.
-To make up for it do you want to know my family, I have 3 nieces who are about your age and they are coming next weekend and are going to attend the same school as you, and anyways you will be a nice distraction for me.
-That would be awesome, we can even convince John to pose as your boyfriend for your parents, that should be a lot of fun. –Jane stopped and stared at Helens back while she kept walking, then after having pictured her family faces and what they would look like if she presented john as her new boyfriend, she burst into laughter, at which point Helen realized she was going ahead.
-That would be really hilarious. – Jane said while trying to control her laughter.
-Then it’s settled.
-You were being serious!?
-Of course I am.
-Well we would still need him to want to go with us. – She was expecting john to refuse such proposition.
-Leave that to me, I still have some cards to play around, but I even wonder if I’m going to need to use them.
-What do you mean by that?
-I mean, he might just accept just for the fun of it. – Jane turned pale – Common don’t fret he’s quite the actor.
-But I don’t have that much experience on that department.
-No need to worry, it will be fine.
-I’m starting to regret having invited you.
-I’m not letting you retrieve it now though.
The both got into a cab and headed for the hospital.
-----
John was the talk of the hospital after the episode at the beginning of the afternoon and the short presentation to the board only helped to fuel the masses. He seemed unaffected by it and work kept him busy no notice much. When he got off, the girls were already waiting for him outside the hospital talking quite happily.
-Hey john I got us a schedule for this weekend, we are going to meet Jane family. – Helen said
-Oh, that’s a surprise.
-And the best of it is that you are going as Jane boyfriend, quite the blast isn’t it?
-Really!? – John turned to Jane inquiring for an answer.
-You don’t have to, is just something she though up I don’t approve it.
-You don’t approve but you haven’t denied it, by boyfriend you mean I can kiss and everything?
-Well I….
-Common John you are spooking her, you can be her boyfriend with her for a day without the chemistry part.
-But it’s all based on that!
- John don’t push it. – Helen shouted.
-Ok, ok but our lady here didn’t approve it yet.
-Well I would love to see my sisters face.
-So you want to show me off, you are quite daring.
-O sir I didn’t mean….
-Jeez relax woman I’m just messing with you, I show off all the time.
-That’s so true. – Helen reaffirmed.
-So Jane do you want to have dinner with us.
-I can’t impose on you again.
-Don’t bother about it, the more the merrier, let’s try another place.
They ended going to an Italian restaurant and sharing a pizza. John was happy to see that Helen had a friend in Jane and that they seemed to had a great time during that afternoon since they passed most of the dinner time trying to recreate the best moments they had to him.
They ended leaving late from the restaurant, and after getting Jane into a cab they got themselves into another one to get home and for a night’s sleep.
On the next morning, when john arrived, Jane was already there and seems for quite some time since she was actively going from cabinet to cabinet grabbing files.
-You are early. – John said.
-I wanted to make a bit from skipping yesterday’s afternoon.
-Quite the workaholic?
-You may say so.
-So ready for tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment