Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Random Story 1st Chapter Page 11 to 15


You are a jerk you know!? – When Jane realized what she had said to her new boss, she immediately wanted apologize but John talked before she could.
-You are not the first and won’t surely be the last to call me that, so just relax I won’t fire you or anything like that.
-Thanks, I guess. – Joana shyly said.
-I guess it’s time for us to go. See you later. –said john while extending is hand to compliment Antonio.

-You might see me tonight; I’m doing the night-shift again.
-I won’t have much time for chitchat though. –said John.
John left for the counter while Joana got ready to go and said goodbye to Antonio.
-You still look down, what’s the problem now? – John asked Joana as they were leaving the coffee.
-To be sincere I don’t have nothing to dress for Friday.
-That’s an easy problem to fix, let me just make a call. – John reached for his cellphone on is pocket and called a number.
-Hi Helen what do you say to shopping?
-Awesome! When are we going?
-It’s not with me it’s with my secretary.
-Oh, my god, you invited her to go out didn’t you? You always like to complicate things.
-Don’t say that, we aren’t going alone.
-That means you are taking me?
-No some other people I met today.
-But you could take me anyway.
-And what would they think if I took a teenager to a bar? Are you insane?
-Well it was worth trying. So when?
-I was thinking this afternoon.
-Fine, what about her?
-Well she doesn’t have much of a choice since she’s working for me until 6 pm.
-You are so nice, time?
-You could have lunch with us and go after.
-Ok, want me to show up at the hospital?
-Yea, around 12 pm.
-Ok, bye love. –and Helen hung up.
-Damn, she never lets me answer that. So, it’s all settled you are going shopping this afternoon.
-But I have work!
-I’m your boss…
-And What if the director asks about me.
-I will just lie to him…
Jane gave up on trying to make him see reason and just complied to what he demanded.
-Oh and you are having lunch with us.
-But I…
-I’m paying so you can’t complain; besides you can eat that lunch box at any time of the week.
-How did you know?
-That homemade bag near your desk could either have that or your sewing kit, I just betted on lunch box.
They worked for the rest of the morning. Jane was satisfied to see that he was quite diligent, even though he showed a goofy nature most of the time.
At twelve p.m. they met Helen at the entrance.
-So this is your secretary, pleasure to meet you, I’m Helen.
-Jane.
-So, where are we going.
-Do you see what I have to handle every day?
-I… -Jane was interrupted.
-So how about eating? –Helen insisted.
-Do you know any place Jane? - John asked.
-There’s a restaurant up there. – As she pointed to their right.
-That looks promising... – Said john.
-I like it.
-Oh, you sounded like you never went there.
-Stop picking on her meanie! – Helen shouted.
-Yes, my lady… - John snored.
-So Jane do you have anything in mind?
-It would be great if I could find a dress, black or gray preferably.
-Hum, and here I though you would be all jeans and sweatshirts, she’s not as bad as you said.
-I don’t ever remember saying she dressed bad…
-Well I can’t picture any other reason for you to ask me to help her.
-Maybe to get you out of that apartment, how about that?
-Very thoughtful of you, my apologies.
-Apologies accepted.
  While they had this argument, Joana got into deep thoughts, she was trying to figure out the type of relation her new boss had with that girl, it seemed she wasn’t her daughter since she never treated him by dad, she refused to think they were lovers for legal reasons and ended thinking she must be a nephew of his.
-Jane!? – Helen said as she touched her arm.
-Oh, sorry did you ask something?
-She was adopted by me. – said john.
-Oh, I… - Jane stopped midway giving up on lying.
-Don’t worry about it, he has his ways into people thoughts, it’s bothersome sometimes.
-I’m such an evil man; I don’t even know how you like to be around me.
-Can’t complain when you cook better than me. – Helen grinned and Joana smiled.
-So I’m just a chef to you, anyway let’s get in.
They had arrived at the restaurant Jane had pointed out. It was more of a bar than a restaurant but the smell they felt when entering changed their minds about it. The place was small it had ten tables and a counter to their left, the decoration wasn’t much neither, it was a plain place. They quickly choosed a table; the waiter came with the menu and left them to choose after writing down their drink orders and checking that they didn’t want starters.
-Oh, I haven’t eaten this kind of food for a long time, it sure brings back memories. – said john.
-You have been in Portugal? – Jane asked.
-Yeah, a long time ago.
-That’s new for me, you never told me that! – Helen said in disbelief.
-You never asked; well if you excuse me I will try to take a look at the kitchen. – John got up and left to talk with the waiter at the counter.
-Meh, there he goes…
-Is he always like that?
-If he were alone with one of us he wouldn’t, but since we aren’t he just does whatever he wants.
-It seems it’s always that way…
-It’s worst for you, you work under him but you will end up liking him, he never had problems with his coworkers before.
-Does he always ask his coworkers to go out with him?
-More usually than you think.
John had sucefully entered the kitchen and was now coming back.
-I took the pleasure of ordering for you. If you don´t like it you can ask for something else. So what were you talking about in my back.
-Girl stuff.
-Oh, are you late on you period again?
-You… - Helen hit John in his arm- Is that something to say you jerk. – Jane was smiled at this scene – You are smiling!? You will be just fine with this jerk, no need to worry…
-So you were talking about me, I feel honored.
-Yeah we were talking about how much of a jerk you are. – Helen was truly mad at him but John just kept smiling, enjoying her reaction to is previous joke.
-Sorry. –Jane said to Helen.
-Don’t be, I don’t even know while I still get mad at him, I should already be used to it.
-It’s because you love me. –  John gave a kiss in her head.
-Do that again and I will seriously hit your face. – Helen shouted while blood rushed to her face.
-Isn’t her so cute when she’s mad. –This prompted another hit from Helen in John’s arm. - Ouch, that hurts.
-Serves you right jerk.
-Could you calm down, everyone is looking at us. – said Jane.
-Sorry Jane but this guy drives me crazy sometimes.
The was now coming out of the kitchen with what seemed to be their order.
-Espero que esteja ao vosso agrado, se precisarem de alguma coisa é só chamar. – The man said, and left.
-What the hell did he just said!? – Helen asked john.
-He said that he hoped for everything to be enjoyable.
-You talk Portuguese? – Jane asked.
-Yea a little.
-Really?, But I guess I never asked right?
-You got it in one go. Now time to eat.
They were served with Cozido á Portuguesa which Helen didn’t dislike and Jane enjoyed. They ended talking only about the time John was in Portugal, although he seemed to be hiding a lot of it but It, didn’t bother any of them since Helen was hearing more than she was used to about his past and Jane was quite interested in the country were her boss were. Time went fast and they were reminded of it when John received a call about he’s lateness.
-Shoot, I got to go. –John reached for his wallet in is rear right pocket and picked a credit card and gave it to Helen – Pay for this and you can buy something later too. – And he left running.
-So are you up for desert? I’m paying. – Helen asked.
-Why not?
John rushed, it was Marcus that called him which deemed him no good, since it was his first reunion with the board.  The hospital is private and owned by Marcus, since he didn’t have much time between surgeries to take care of the business stuff that he should have, he had always employed a manager to take care of it, and actually most of the private hospitals do so because of various reasons.  John was this man and today Marcus was going to officially introduce him to the team managers of the hospital. But being late wasn’t so bad, since it would provoke some kind of reaction on them which would give him a read at some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment