Sunday, July 03, 2011

Random story 1st Chapter page 20 to 25 end

-Don’t even remember me about it.
-You look quite a mess, the worst is your hair. – Jane felt embarrassed, she had a routine for taking care of her hair - Don’t feel down, it’s mostly on me since I’m quite picky at that stuff and I’m not the nicest of people on the mornings.
-Ok. –she said in a murmur.
-Let’s get to work then. –john said while touching her shoulder to reaffirm that he didn’t mean harm.
The day passed with john mostly reading files and Jane providing whatever he wanted while trashing data that was no longer necessary. At the middle of the morning Marc showed up at the office.

-Can I come in. – Marc asked at the door, since Jane was inside the office.
-Sure you can, what do you need? – John asked.
-Antonio said you wanted to join us tonight, and I’m here to give you our meeting place, which it will be at the Icecrown bar.
-It’s that far? – John asked.
-I can give you both a ride if you want.
-That would be perfect, say we meet near Jane house?
-Fine for me.
-Why my house?
-Common, are you seriously asking that? You are a woman, do you want a better reason than that? – John replied.
-That’s so machist.
-So your address? –Mark asked.
-I leave near the train station in Manchester.
-So I will meet you there around 11pm. Now if you excuse me, I need to go.
-See you later Marc. – John said.
The rest of the day went fast and without many interruptions. And when they left, Helen was waiting outside for them.
-So did you bring the stuff? – John asked Helen.
-It’s on my bag. –she said while pointing to the bag on her back.
-Good, she’s going to help you, and as a pay you have to feed her. – John said making a big smile to Jane.
-I don’t need help I can ready myself quite well… - she said a bit angered.
-I don’t doubt that, but since I pushed you into it you really have to make their jaws drop off.
-Common Jane, this will be fun I used to do this all the time with my friends.
-Is anything I say going to change anything?
-No. – John and Helen said at the same time.
-Fine, bye then.
-Bye. By the way, I will bring dinner, is it ok if we eat in your house?
-Fine.
-Bye, bye John. – Helen said.
He rushed to the metro station even though he had quite a bite of time before 11pm he still had to go home, which was in the opposite direction, change, get dinner somewhere and get to her home with enough time so they could eat.
Helen made all the talk until they arrived Jane home, she kept spurting ideas of what to do with her hair or nail or make up… Jane wasn’t paying much attention though, she was still too worried about what people would think about their relation with her boss, it didn’t even made a week since he arrived and he was already going out with her, eating in her house and meeting her parent. She thought she was ultimately doomed, she would be the talk of the whole hospital sooner or later. She was pushed away from this thoughts by Helen when she realized that was being ignored, Jane apologized and focused at the things at hand until john arrived. John had to call Helen to ask which apartment it was, after a quick exchange of information he found the building and went up. When he arrived the door was already opened and he could hear Jane telling were Helen could find the plates and other stuff, john entered   announcing is arrival which Jane answered by telling him to close the door and join them at the kitchen. John gave a quick look at Jane, she still hadn’t dress up but her hair looked a lot better and it was free from any constrains, that Jane always used while at work, she hadn’t much makeup which would be likely a touch of Helens work, since she did know he didn’t like it, either way it was all he expected she was quite beautiful, and winked an eye to Helen in approval.
-Seems he liked Jane and you still have to dress up! – Jane blushed.
-So let’s eat? – John asked.
They finished quickly, and while Jane went to dress up with Helen, John washed the dish’s since he didn’t have nothing better to do. Mark arrived early though and called him, he said  he would be waiting downstairs to the girls and went to down to keep company to Mark.
-Are your parent’s millionaires? – John asked Mark while looking at the car he was leaning at and was most likely his.
-No, but they aren’t what you would call poor.
-Lucky you, do you have a sister? – Mark laughed.
-You go straight to the point.
-There’s no meaning in beating around the bush only to find there’s nothing after it.
-True, and no I don’t.
-So what do you prefer blondes or brunets?
-Brunets.
-Then you are going to have quite a surprise.
-Are you going out with her?
-No, you are free to take her up.
-And why do you think I’m free?
-Because there’s no one else here besides me.
-Point taken.
-So do you like her?
-Can’t say when I don’t know her.
-You have never met her at the hospital?
-I don’t consider work relationships to be able to say much about a person, so even though I have met her, I don’t consider I actually know her.
-Oh, you are that kind of person, you might be surprised by her.
-Why do I feel like you are a marriage counselor?
-Because that’s one of my hobby’s.
-I don’t even want to know what the others are.
-That’s a shame; you might be interested in some of them.
-Like what, your search for a rich woman.
-The lion got out of the cage, fear.
-Man you are an idiot.
-Thank you.
-Do you have an answer to everything?
-Most of the time, but it’s quite weird when the answer is actually silence.
-What do I need to do to get that one?
-Something you might never say.
-Might!? That means I actually have a chance at least.
-A tiny one though.
John’s phone ringed, it was Marcus asking where he could meet him, John had asked him to take care of Helen for the night and he was on his way to pick her up.
-Was that Marcus?
-Yes.
-Is coming too?
-No, he’s just here to pick Helen.
-Who’s Helen?
-My little girl.
-You have a daughter!? – Mark asked dumbfounded.
-Well kind off.
-Kind off!?
-I adopted her.
-And you are single?
-Yup.
-You are a box of surprises. – Mark said trying to figure what would make a single man adopt a girl. – Are you sure you are not gay? – John laughed.
-Yes, but you aren’t the first to ask me that.
-Hi, sir. – Mark said to Marcus  who appeared from their left.
-Hi Mark.
-How come you get a ceremonial hi and I got well, nothing? – John asked Marcus
-That must be because you can only fire him while I can make is life miserable, anyway no need to be so formal unless we are on the hospital. Where are the girls?
-They are late, so you might as well get confortable. – John replied
-So what were you talking about? – Marcus asked.
-How much of an idiot I am, well there they are. – Jane and Helen showed up.
-First time I see Jane in that kind of step up, quite a beauty I must say. – Marcus commented.
-Yea. – Mark confirmed.
-Marcus what are you doing here? Are you going as well? – Helen happily asked.
-I’m here to pick you up, seems you didn’t know about it.
-Sorry about that, my fault. –John said.
-Ah, so that’s it, I was really wondering what he was going to do with me since he refused to take me.
-I will pick you up in the morning.
-That is if you will be able to get out of the bed. – Mark said grinning.
-That would be quite a sight to see, maybe I could get something from him if you actually can make him drunk, I hope you are successful. – Helen said smiling.
-Do you think I can’t?
-I don’t think, I’m sure.
-Common kids, calm down. No reason to fight over me, shall we go?
-I guess so. – Mark said.
-Have fun everyone. – Helen said.
-You too. – John replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment