Thursday, April 07, 2011

Random Story Chapter 1 Page 6 to 10

-I guess it’s around time we get home, right Helen? – It was already 1 a.m.
-Anyway we are going to after all we have to work tomorrow. We will have the opportunity to have this again. – said Marcus.
-You know I’m always at your disposable when my boss pays for dinner. – john joked.
-Is that a thing to say!? If I were your boss I would make you clean toilette's in the next day. – said Helen, which made the other three smile.
-Good thing you aren’t. – said john.
-And yet I can still make you clean the toilette.
-See she’s so mean to me, do you know the hell it is to leave with a girl like this? – john smirked.
-I guess a day won’t be enough maybe a week of forced labor will put you in line. – said Helen with a grin in her face.
-Do you see what I mean? – asked john, while the only answered he got from his friends was back to back smiles.
The waiter arrived with the check which Marcus quickly paid, and they left. Helen continued to attack john while in the car, proclaiming all kinds of labor work she could impose on john, john just jokingly complained about it. After they arrived at john and Helen’s new place Marcus and Margaret bid farewell to them and left.
-Now I’m going to know all the dirt you and in your past. – said Helen while they were waiting for the elevator.
-And how do you plan to do that.
-I got Margaret’s number, it’s not always that I meet people from your past; well actually they were the first ones.
-Well that’s right but it’s not like I do it on purpose, maybe I was a little antisocial back then.
-You antisocial!? Don’t make me laugh playboy. – While they entered the elevator that had just arrived.
-That’s such a mean thing to say, I haven’t dated that much woman’s in the last years to deserve that.
-That’s true, but I wonder how many you have slept with.
-You are so mean, sometimes I wonder from who you got that. – as they were leaving the elevator.
-It’s all you, off course.
-Meanie, time to go to bed. – After they entered their apartment.
-Ok, love. – Said Helen hugging John to give in a goodnight kiss.
-Sweet dreams. – said john.
It was around 7 am when john waked up, he had still 2 hours before going to the hospital but as always he never slept much. He got up to take a shower and check is email, that was filled with congratulations and goodbye messages, he only read the ones that he knew that would be personal and not just a common message.
After some thank you quickly replies, he went to the kitchen to eat something as he normally made a habit to have breakfast with the people he worked with. He got some cookies, and wrote a note for Helen, which was still sleeping, saying to meet him at 12.30 pm in the hospital to have lunch with him because she was only attending classes next week.
With that put aside it was around 8 am when he left, it only took 10 min for him to get to the hospital but he wanted to sort things a little in his new office. 15 min after he was entering the hospital and went the way to his new office, but the root that Marcus have showed to him had various interdict section to the public, and since the people that saw him with Marcus the day before though he was showing around the place to a friend and not the new manager, the security blocked his pass and none said anything to help him. Well that wasn’t much of a problem since Marcus had given him is credentials, which quickly made the security apologize and him disregard it and say that he was only doing his work, also the people that were able to get a peek at the scene were very admired to found that the guy their boss was talking to was the new hospital director, and like in small villages it didn’t take more than half an hour for the rest of the hospital know about it.
He got blocked by another security guard, and once again apologized after seeing the credentials, and finally arrived at his office. After checking the files storage and the database of his pc workstation, he was happy to see that the person that had preceded him was quite organized, or at least organized things before leaving, that saved him a lot of work and he got a lot of time to throw away some things and set his around to make it more familiar to him.
-As I thought you are already here, anything you need before I check to work?
It was Marcus at the door, it was 10 minutes to 9, which was quite unusual for Marcus to arrive early, or so it was what John remembered.
-No I’m fine, do you have any surgery today?
-yeah, at 10, got to go to get ready for it so I will leave it to you to introduce yourself around.
-That will be fun I guess, do I have a secretary?
-There his one, but as you know if you don’t like her you can always choose one.
-I will check it first. It’s a she or a he?
-Girl.
-Well then, good luck to you my friend.
-Thank you, see you later. – Said Marcus as he turned around to leave.
John resumed his previous work and started to set up passwords on the unprotected pc. After a short while someone knocked at the open door.
-Excuse me director, I’m Joana the previous director secretary. I’m here to present myself and my CV as requested.
John took a good look at her. She was younger than he expected most likely in her early thirties, she had blonde hair and used glasses which made her look smarter and made john ask himself if she really needed them, she was elegant and had a slim face.
-My name is John, and by the way were you will be relocated to if you don’t work under me?
-I was told that I could work for doctor Marcus since his current secretary will retire at the end of the year.
-And what do you want, Joana?
-It doesn’t matter as long as I get paid.
-Oh… We are set then. Would you join me for breakfast I’m quite hungry.
-Don’t you wish to see my CV!? – She asked with an admired expression.
-I bet it is quite good or you wouldn’t got the job, anyway even if it isn’t the previous didn’t fire you so it can only mean you must be good at something, besides I always like to mess around with Marcus. So do you know some sweet place to have breakfast?
This interview wasn’t what Joana expected, and she wondered about how good this guy could be since she heard he was a friend for Doctor Marcus, maybe he was hired thanks to his connections.
-So where to? – John joined Joana at the door, he was enjoying her admired face.
-Where?
-Breakfast, very important.
-We can go to the hospital cafeteria.
-That’s the best you have to offer?
-I always take breakfast at home.
-You need to do something about that, anyway as about the place we can go exploring.
-But director….
-Do I have to boss you around instead of asking? – john asked while interrupting Joana.
-And lose the director please.
She blushed and looked down, she was most likely thinking about what other people would think about her leaving with him to take breakfast, john thought. He was expecting this, since she seemed to be all work, at least in the hospital. She recomposed herself and went to her desk to pick up her purse.
-I’m ready director.
John made an unhappy face to her, seems it would be hard for her lose the habit of calling him director.  John leaded the way asking all kind of questions to Joana about the people they crossed with, which made her relax since it seemed she was touring him around instead of just going out for breakfast alone with her. When they were near the entrance Joana pointed 2 guys that were leaving their shifts, john hurried to them.
-Good day Antonio and Marc right? –said as he pointed to them.
-Yes. – They both answered to him.
-Do you know someplace nice to have breakfast?
-There’s a good coffee shop just around the corner.
-Would you mind to show it to me, and have me pay you breakfast?
-Sure. –Said Antonio.
-I’m grateful but I can’t. I’m sure Marc will do a better job than me anyway. -  Antonio looked in dismay to Marc as he said this, and john got “what the hell are you thinking he’s the new boss” from Antonio’s face.
-Then you own me a meal.
-It should be the other way around with I how much I’m paid.
-Then if you get me to a place I like I will cover the expenses. – said john.
-How nice, I’m leaving to work on it then, bye. –And Marc turned away.
-Don’t mind much about is behavior, he’s always like that but he’s a nice guy. – said Antonio after Marc had left.
-I thought the same, now them let’s go. – said john. Antonio and Joana looked at each other and raised their shoulder and just followed john out of the hospital.
The place that Antonio suggested was the one where most medical staff went to, besides it being a nice place it was right beside the hospital which made possible to visit in the short breaks. It was what Helen would call a common coffee shop, it didn’t have any kind of sofas only a bunch of tables and chairs, they didn’t invite people to stay only to come have a bit on whatever they wanted and be on their way. They sat close to the back of the shop, john ordered a coffee and water, while Antonio asked for something to eat and a juice, Joana only asked for water.
-So what places are good to visit around here? – John asked.
-I don’t go out much. –said Joana.
-That’s a shame maybe we could do something about it. – said john, which made Joana blush.
-Well what kind of places are you interested in? – Antonio asked.
-Anything worth of paying a visit, from discos to museums.
-I usually go out with the guys once in a while you can join us.
-Good, I guess it wouldn’t be a problem if our friend Joana joined us, right? -  Even though john was asking this to Antonio he was actually staring at Joana, who was unable to say anything about it under his stare.
-Yea sure, I don’t see a reason why not. – answered Antonio.
-Just great… - Joana mumbled.
-It sure is. – Said john with a happy face – So when will we be going out?
-We usually go out on Friday, well the ones that can actually.
-So will we have your company this week? – john asked.
-Unfortunately no.
-That’s a shame. – said john.
-Marc might go though, is that good?
-Oh, that will be pretty interesting.
The waiter arrived with their order which led to the interruption of the conversation. Joana though looked quite depressed going out with her boss wasn’t one of her dreams but refusing might end in a living hell for her, and she couldn’t afford to resign, asking to transfer would be hard too since he was the manager and the owner was is close friend.
-Don’t look so depressed, you are just going out with a bunch guys it’s not so bad. – said john.
-There are some women too. –said Antonio, Joana just stared at her reflection on the glass of water looking pretty down.
-Do I have to tickle you? –john had approached Joana’s ear before asking, Joana got surprised by it and almost turned over the glass.
-That’s a bit better. – said john as he smiled when Joana sighted after being able to control the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment